Front Panel Designer Licensing Agreement
Copyright © 1998-2020 Schaeffer AG
The software application ‘Front Panel Designer’ is freeware and is made available to you at no cost. By installing, copying or otherwise using the ‘Front Panel Designer’ software, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with the following provisions, you are not authorised to install or use the ‘Front Panel Designer’ software.
The data created using the ‘Front Panel Designer’ software is only for use on the authors’ manufacturing machines.
- Object of the agreement
- The object of this agreement is the computer software ‘Front Panel Designer’ recorded on a data carrier and the available documentation either in written form or on computer storage media. The object of this agreement is simply the fundamentally usable software according to its description and instructions. The description of the software does not constitute any assurance of features in the legal sense.The authors grant the licence holder the non-exclusive right to use the program in accordance with the following provisions.
- The program is subject to the provisions of copyright. Title to and copyrights in the ‘Front Panel Designer’ software, the accompanying material and every copy of the software are retained by the author. The software is protected by copyright laws and international copyright provisions.
- It may only be copied or distributed without modification and with this licensing agreement attached. Copying and distribution of the complete program archive is only permitted providing it takes place without charge. Distribution and copying is not without charge, if the program is supplied with other objects, which are not provided free of charge, such as modems or journals. In the case of distribution or copying for payment, then written permission from the author is required before the distribution or copying.
- The licence holder is not authorised to access the program’s source code or to make modifications of any sort to the program or its constituent parts. The licence holder is not permitted to amend, decode, reverse engineer, decompile or to disassemble the software.
- The licence holder is authorised to install the software onto available hardware without charge.
- he licence holder is entitled to transfer or import data generated using the Front Panel Designer export filters into other programs (for example CAD programs). The data generated using the export filters – in particular the STEP and the DXF export filter – may be used by the licence holder exclusively for documentation purposes. The use and further processing of the data thus generated, as well as the transfer, either directly or with the aid of other programs for the purpose of controlling production machines, is prohibited. The licence holder shall therefore refrain from using data generated using the export filters and the ‘Front Panel Designer’ to control production machines which are not owned by the licensor.
- The object of this agreement is the computer software ‘Front Panel Designer’ recorded on a data carrier and the available documentation either in written form or on computer storage media. The object of this agreement is simply the fundamentally usable software according to its description and instructions. The description of the software does not constitute any assurance of features in the legal sense.
- The author warrants that the software will perform substantially as specified in the documentation. The author assumes no responsibility for the suitability of the software with regard to its intended use by the licence holder.Special features are not ensured. An effective warranty for features must be provided by the author in writing. There is no entitlement to the further development or amendment of the program.
- The author warrants that the software will perform substantially as specified in the documentation. The author assumes no responsibility for the suitability of the software with regard to its intended use by the licence holder.
- No claims for damages from default in performance of the contract, default at the conclusion of the contract and tortious act are permitted against the authors or their vicarious agents, unless such damage was caused by deliberate act or gross negligence. In the event of ordinary negligence, the authors are liable only in the case that an obligation is not fulfilled, the fulfilment of which is of particular importance for the achievement of the purpose of the contract (cardinal obligation).
- All claims for damages are excluded in the case of program errors, which were neither caused by the absence of guaranteed features, nor were fraudulently concealed.
- The authors are under no obligation to support the licence holder with guidance or in any other way when using the program. The author is grateful, however, for any information relating to hardware and software incompatibilities and other problems arising when using the program.
- Other provisions
- The place of jurisdiction is Berlin.
- Should individual clauses of this agreement be invalid, this does not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. The authors and licence holder are required to replace the invalid clause with a valid clause that comes as close as possible to the invalid clause in economic terms.
- Amendments and deviations from this agreement must be made in writing. This applies in particular if the requirement of the written form itself is to be waived. The requirement of the written form is complied with when using a fax machine.